SAVE MONEY ON EUROPE TRAVEL, INSTALLMENT TICKET BOOKING
As enchanting as it is, Europe can prove to be quite steep on the pocket, especially for an Indian traveller. But that’s hardly a reason to curb your wanderlust. With a few smart moves, you can save bucket loads of money on your Europe trip – here are some travel hacks that most seasoned travellers resort to in order to max out their vacation budget.
Your Cheat-Sheet for Cheap Flights to Europe
1. Compare ticket prices across various airlines and travel dates. You will find that tickets are considerably cheaper for weekdays.
2. If you can afford the luxury of time and don’t mind a bit of inconvenience, book flights with one or two stops. You can save a huge deal of money by avoiding direct flights to your destination.
3. If you’ve been looking at flight fares over a few days, clear the cache and cookies on your laptop just before making the final booking. Your search history often results in websites quoting higher prices for the flights of your choice!
4. If you’re traveling all the way to Europe, you will most likely explore more than one country. A round-trip ticket, therefore, may work out to be more expensive. It makes more sense to book a return ticket from the last destination of your itinerary so that you save the cost of getting back to your original destination. (Side note: You can even travel to another destination if the return flight from there is cheaper).
5. This one’s a no-brainer, but visiting Europe during off season will not only fetch you huge discounts on flights and hotels, you will also successfully evade the maddening tourist crowd and have a more authentic European experience.
Some countries in Europe are more expensive than others. Carry out your research and plan an itinerary accordingly. You can do a mix of expensive and not-so-expensive destinations to experience the best of both.